The older I get, the faster the time flies, and this year has been no exception. This reminds me of how important it is to stop and acknowledge those in my life that make a difference. I encourage everyone to take every opportunity to show your gratitude to all, whether it’s your neighbor or old friends, for the contributions they make in your daily life. And, I remember, because life can change in the blink of an eye, I am committing to not leave these things unsaid. So if I have not told you, I am grateful for the entire community that makes up the Willy Street Co-op.
Due to Owner requests, we are now offering WiFi in both stores. You can now email, browse recipes, and use social media to your heart’s content. All we ask is that you be respectful of others wanting to dine in the Commons, and that you limit table use to one hour when it is busy.
Willy East Remodel Town Hall Meeting
Tuesday, December 4th, in the Willy East Community Room starting at 6:00pm. Please feel free to come and share your hopes, wishes, and dreams for the Willy East remodel. The conversation doesn’t stop there, however. We encourage you to submit comments or suggestions by using the kiosk at Willy East or by commenting on our website at www.willystreet.coop/willy-east-remodel-project. As the project progresses, Phil Ward, Project Manager, will be making weekly updates on the remodel plans using a blog, on our website: willystreet.coop.
State of the Co-op
We are continually working on ways to improve our service to Owners and, to that end, the following projects are in process, which you may find interesting.
Capital improvement work completed in recent weeks includes:
- East back room racking
- Production facility/Production Kitchen BlastChiller installation
- East dock leveler
Ongoing physical plant project work includes:
- East remodel: soliciting staff and Owner input for ideas to consider
- West Deli evaluation: third-party review offered steps to improve merchandising
- FoodTrac (recipe costing and nutritional analysis software) has been implemented at the Kitchen, implementation for use at retail is in progress.
Personnel Projects include:
- Staff restructure: to support healthier personnel systems for our Co-op’s growth, phasing in to begin (hopefully) in January
- Staff evaluation project: to research and identify updated means to provide staff with ongoing feedback for personal and professional development.
- Employee Council focused tasks identified through staff satisfaction survey:
- • Employee communications
- • 2 – 5 year employee morale
- • Employee Council structure
I know that is a lot to digest; please feel free to contact me if you would like more clarification of any of the details of these projects. As always you can reach me by phone, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates to think about
In planning around the holidays please keep in mind the following change to our regularly scheduled hours:
- December 24th, closing at 6:00pm
- December 25th, closed
- December 30th, Inventory—open regular hours for this physical inventory count
- December 31st, New Year’s Eve, regular hours
- January 1st, New Year’s Day, closed