Click here to view the store areas involved with each phase.
As this project continues to progress we'll be posting updates about the status and milestones. Those postings will be grouped together on this page.
Frequently asked questions
To ask a question, please email EastRemodelFeedback@willystreet.coop.
What will the bathrooms be like after the remodel?
There will be three bathrooms in the commons and two bathrooms for staff. All of the bathrooms after the remodel will be private, separate rooms, gender neutral, have low-flow dual-flush toilets, and will not include urinals.
Latest posts about the East Remodel project
What may affect Owners this week (9/1–9/7)
- MG&E replacing transformer near Williamson St. driveway. (Not remodel-related.) Some disruption may occur at times at this driveway.
- Refrigerated case in Aisle 1 will be stocked with new offerings, including fresh juice...
What may affect you this week (8/25–8/31)
- The Deli hot bar will be closed most of Wednesday for installation of the hearth oven. Updates will be posted in the Deli and on Facebook and Twitter.
- The Kids’ Area has reopened.
- New demo & sample station...
What may affect you this week (8/18–8/24)
- The Commons (indoor seating) and bathrooms have reopened. The Kids’ Area will reopen early this week.
- The Cheese department is now open. New demo & sample station by the Cheese department will...
What may affect you this week (8/11–8/17)
- We expect the Commons (indoor seating), Kids’ Area, and bathrooms to return by the end of the week.
- The Cheese department is scheduled to open on Wednesday.
- Continuing to develop the outdoor customer seating area...
What may affect you this week (8/4–10)
- Outdoor customer seating along Commons windows should be in place by the end of the week. Landscaping work in progress.
- Crosswalk striping in the front of the building should happen this week.
What may affect you this week (7/28–8/3)
- New Customer Service desk staffed starting on Wednesday.
- Final register installation after close on Tuesday; all but one in use thereafter.
- Outdoor customer seating available. Landscaping...
What may affect you this week (7/21–7/27)
- Floor work overnight. Registers temporarily rearranged. Epoxy will be used briefly Thursday and area vented outside.
- New Customer Service desk installed; will be in use next week.
- New Willy Street Co-op store...
What may affect you this week (7/14–7/20)
- The new ATM installed; it’s accessible 24 hours/day from outside.
- Site work in front of store. Asphalt poured later this week outside Community Room; temporary bathrooms will be relocated. Accessible...
What may affect you this week (7/7-7/13)
- Site work in front of store. Entryway access relocated to east side of building. Accessible parking stalls temporarily relocated to east of rechargeable car parking spaces.
- The new, permanent ATM (accessible...
What may affect you this week (6/30–7/6)
- Site work in front of store. Entryway access relocated to east side of building. Accessible parking stalls temporarily relocated to east of rechargeable car parking spaces. There will be some congestion in the entryway during...
Updated - August 20, 2014