Skip to main content
Skip to store items
Skip to main navigation

Remodel at 1221

3 replies [Last post]
Lynn Olson
Lynn Olson's picture

The 1221 Williamson Street building is next on our priority list of projects - we're having more input meetings on Sunday, Jan. 13th (3p-4p) and Thursday, Jan. 17th (6p-7p).  Is anyone planning on attending?

Kathy Melzer
Kathy Melzer's picture

Lynn, Thanks for asking in this format.   The store's interior lighting seems dim to me.  Can we brighten the lighting?  How about some skylights?  Also, the store sometimes feels humid; do we have plans to improve air circulation & ventilation?   I have not been in the deli's back-kitchen area, but from the front of the counter, it looks dark & crowded back there; does the deli staff need workspace, storage, or cleaning improvments?   

Lynn Olson
Lynn Olson's picture

Those are all good questions - I'll pass them along to the architect!

Monica Davis, Bri...
Monica Davis, Brian Mink's picture

I think the Board should focus more on providing affordable prices versus the never ending goal of expanding and remodeling. I frankly don't see any significant justification for remodeling the eastside store. Expansion, remodeling all contribute to a never ending rise in prices. I'd like to see a moratorium on expansion and remodeling. Let's maintain what the Coop owns and spend some time figuring out how to keep what the coop sells affordable.