Melted cheddar cheese and fire roasted tomatoes combine black beans, corn and seasonings into a quick and delicious meal.
|1 T||canola oil|
|1 t||hot sauce|
|1||medium onion (chopped finely)|
|2 clv||garlic (minced)|
|1 t||coriander (ground)|
|1 t||cumin (ground)|
|1 cn||fire roasted tomatoes (14-oz, drained)|
|1⁄2||lime (zested and juiced)|
|1 cn||black beans (15-oz, drained)|
|1⁄4 bn||cilantro (chopped)|
|6||tortillas (10-inch, or smaller, if desired)|
|6 oz||cheddar (or colby cheese, shredded)|
- Saute onions, garlic, coriander, cumin and salt in oil until onions soften.
- Add corn, fire-roasted tomatoes, hot sauce, lime juice and lime zest. Saute an additional 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Mash half of the black beans to one side. Combine with intact beans and add chopped cilantro.
- Add bean mix to the sautéed mix and stir together.
- Scoop evenly onto tortillas. Add cheese and fold tortillas in half
- Heat in a lightly oiled skillet, cooking each site until golden brown.
- Serve whole or cut into halves.