1. Rinse & drain the rice. Combine with 2 cups water in a pot with a tight fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and steam until fluffs with a fork, approximately 40 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Sauté the onions over medium to high heat, stirring frequently for a few minutes or until they start becoming translucent.
3. Add the mushrooms, cook for a minute and then add 1 teaspoon of water. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add red peppers and bok choy and cook until the colors look bright but they still have a little crunchy bite. Lower the heat and stir in the cooked rice.
5. Season with fresh ground pepper and tamari to taste.
6. Stir-fry for a minute or two or until well mixed and garnish with scallions.