Make the flatbread and citrus salad first!
|1||white onion (small, peeled and diced)|
|1||jalapeno pepper (minced)|
|1||head of garlic (minced)|
|14 1⁄2 oz||diced tomatoes|
|2 T||olive oil|
|2 t||ground cumin|
|2 T||dried parsley|
|1 pn||sea salt|
|black pepper (to taste)|
1. Saute chile and onion in oil on medium-high heat until soft and brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and paprika and continue to cook until garlic softens, approximately another 3 minutes.
2. Add can of tomatoes. Add water to the empty can until half-full and add that to pan as well. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. In a bowl, crack all eggs and discard shells.
4. Slowly and gently pour eggs, one by one, around the mixture in the pan. Cover pan for 5 minutes.
5. Remove lid and ladle tomato mixture over the surfaces of each egg. Be gentle. Stir in dried parsley and return lid for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and season liberally with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon one or two spicy eggs with tomato sauce over a slab of flatbread (see Willy Street Co-op Pizza Dough as Flatbread with Thyme and Sea Salt).
Suggestions: add crumbled feta to each serving. Add dashes of your favorite hot sauce.