by Ellie Habib, Webmaster
For the past several months, we’ve been hard at work developing a new website for the Co-op with the help of local web design company Greenleaf Media. Last year, we sent a survey out to Owners to get your thoughts on our current website, and what you would like to see in our new one. We read each response carefully and took your comments to heart. So, I’m proud to announce that our new website is almost finished! It should go live this month. Our goal was to create a new website that is well-designed, easy-to-use, and informative. It will be different, but I’m confident that our Owners will be happy with the change.
One thing you may notice is missing from the new site is our product listings. That’s because we are also working on an e-commerce website, where customers can order groceries online and have them delivered. We wanted to have both the new website and the e-commerce site launch at the same time, but unfortunately that didn’t work out because of the complexity of e-commerce. Although we know the product listings were useful, they were never accurate for all stores. The best way to find out if we carry a product is still to call your store and ask! We hope you don’t mind the temporary inconvenience.
Here’s a preview of some of the features you’ll see on the new website.
- Online class registration. We’ve gotten requests for this from staff and Owners alike, and it’s finally happening!
- A news page, so you can keep up with everything that’s going on at your Co-op.
- An easy way to see what’s on sale each week at the stores.
- A brand new way to read the monthly Reader.
WHAT’S STAYING THE SAME:
- All the information that’s currently on our site will be on the new website, and it will be easier to find
- You can still sign up to become an Owner online.
- Hot bar menus will be on the website and updated daily.
- You’ll still be able to search our large recipe collection.
The Co-op has been growing and updating so much over the past few years. It’s time for our website to catch up! With this new website, we hope to give customers the same experience online as they get in our stores: fresh, local, with great customer service!