Committee membership consists of up to four Board members and up to four volunteers recruited from the full Co-op Ownership. Volunteers are appointed by the full Board.
Board members and volunteers serve a term of two years. Board members and volunteers may be appointed to serve more than one term.
The committee typically meets monthly or as needed to fulfill the responsibilities outlined above. The committee sets an annual calendar of meetings (including draft agenda items) to manage its workload and address relevant issues in a timely manner. A majority of the committee shall constitute a quorum for the transaction
The Chairperson is elected by the committee members and serves for a term of one year. S/he has the following duties:
- Facilitate meetings
- Set the meeting agenda and annual calendar
- Explain the proposed budget at the Annual Meeting & Party (AMP)
The Finance Committee:
The Finance Committee is a Board committee established to assist the Board in providing oversight to the financial operations of the Co-op.
- Recommend an annual operations and capital budget to the Board of Directors
- Review the financial appropriateness of unbudgeted capital expenditures over one percent of the Co-op’s total equity, any decision to buy or sell the Co-op’s building(s), or expenditures over ten percent of the Co-op’s total equity on an expansion project
- Review quarterly financial statements and other reports to ensure that the Co-op is operating in a financially prudent manner
- Report to Board as necessary about financial operations
- Monitor and review policies related to financial operations
- Propose new policies as needed to promote financially sound operations
- Participate in audit process as requested by the Board
- Review recommendations from annual audit and work with management to develop plans to address identified concerns
- Provide input on GM performance related to financial operations
- Review soundness of key financial partners
- Identify and align capital requirements with strategic goals set by the Board
- With staff review and select the accounting firm to perform the Co-ops annual financial audit.
- Oversee the Co-ops financial annual audit.
- Review the results of the audit and follow up on recommendations for changes.
The Policy Committee is an ad hoc committee dedicated to reviewing the Co-op's current policies. The group, comprised of Board members, Co-op staff and Owners, will review the policies for accuracy and completeness and make subsequent recommendations to the full Board of Directors.
Board Development Committee:
The Board Development Committee is an ad hoc committee that works to identify development opportunities for the Willy Street Co-op Board. This includes, but is not limited to, training opportunities, Owner engagement strategies, and candidate recruitment for Board elections.
2016 - 2017 Committees
|Finance Committee:||up to 4 Board members:||Dave Pauly, Bruce Slaughenhoupt, Pat Butler|
|GM or designee:||Anya Firszt (GM/voting member ) or Paige Wickline (Director of Finance/non-voting member)|
|5 non-Board members:||George Hofheimer, AJ Sue, Dave Grace, Kathy Nelson, and Dan Ramos Haaz (Chair)|
|Policy Committee:||up to 4 Board members:||Holly Bender|
|non-Board members:||Doug Johnson, Kathy Humiston, Anya Firszt|
|Board Development Committee:||up to 4 Board members:||Mike Johnson, Holly Fearing|
|non-Board members:||Brendon Smith (staff), Kirsten Moore (staff)|
|Investment Committee:||Board Member:||Dave Pauly|
|Staff Members:||Anya Firszt, Paige Wickline, Kerrie Lentz, Forrest Herschelman|
|GM Evaluation Committee:||Board Members:||Miguel Zamora, Holly Fearing, Holly Bender|
|Community Reinvestment Fund:||Board Member:||Jess Pernsteiner|
|Staff Members:||Kirsten Moore, gianofer fields|
|Members at Large:||Kyle Freund, Michael Gay, Meghan Gauger|
|Access Discount Committee:||Board Member:||Pat Butler|
|Staff Members:||Kirsten Moore, Ashley Kuehl, Becca Schill|
|Members at Large:||Stephanie Jung, Anthony Hernandez, Michelle Gerise Godwin|