Your Co-op has a ton of options for gifts for everyone on your list. Here I have highlighted some ideas for gifts, some of which are under the $10 mark.
Body and Face care
- Facial care starter kit from Evan Healy
- A nice face cream
- A fancy bottle of shampoo
- Luscious lotions!
- Bar soaps—we have a lot of holiday-specific scents!
- Nail polish
- Lip balm
- Essential oils
- Massage oils
Supplements—Everyone could use a boost! Try:
- A basic multivitamin
- Gummy vitamins for kids (or adults)
- Something for the immune system —Try Fire Tonic or Fire Cider for a versatile tonic
- Urban Moonshine’s Digestive Bitters
- A protein or greens powder for the sportser in your life
Candles and Incense—From Patchouli to unscented, we have a ton of options
- Goodlight Candles—your basic candle that is sold in single- or multi-packs. Unscented, non-toxic and socially responsible.
- Juniper Ridge Incense—made from wild harvested plants in the U.S. Great, natural and light.
- Looking for a scented or beeswax candle? Try Big Dipper Wax Works, Sunbeam, or Indigo Wild.
- Crafted in the Woods and Bright Endeavors are our local candle options!
- Of course, the classic Nag Champa incense
Groceries—A gift you can eat is a favorite of mine.
- Condiments—local relishes and pickled things
- Mad Maiden shrubs—makes a great drink mixer!
- Olive and sunflower seed oils
- We have many cheese options and you can easily put together 2-4 cheeses for a mini platter that hits the $10 mark.
- Not seeing any cheeses in your price range? Ask a cheese staffer to cut a chunk a bit smaller to meet your needs.
Glasses, teacups, and mugs
Check out our new brand For Life Designs. Beautiful cups and mugs —gift someone a single cup or a set. Bambeco recycled glass drinkware also makes a great gift.
Check out Michael Rogers for beautiful journals and sketchbooks.
Bulk gifts are a great place to go when you are on a budget. Here are some ideas:
- Buy four to six empty spice containers and fill them with bulk herbs and spices. Try creating a flavor theme like Italian or Curry, or do all flavored salts, etc. The options are endless!
- Small ball jar + bulk tea +tea ball or teacup.
- Large ball jar filled with pasta, flour or sugar.
- Get bulk candy or nuts to make little gift bags.
We have all the makings for lots of DIY projects. Many of the ingredients you will need are available in bulk!
- Check out the DIY Gift article on page 7 by Megan Minnick in this edition of the Reader for some great ideas and recipes.
- DIY bodycare—make little containers of sugar scrubs or lotions.
- DIY room/body sprays—we’ve got little spray bottles and essential oils —that’s all you need!
- DIY mason jar cookies—we have all the ingredients you need to put together a mason jar with dry ingredients for cookies.
- DIY baking, also known as baking. Everyone loves getting a baked good for a gift! Come shop our bulk section to get the best value on ingredients and purchase exactly what you need.