Before we put our line of dietary supplements on our store shelves, we searched for a supplier that could meet our high standards. Our supplement manufacturer, Vitamer, has been owned and operated by the same family since 1925. Their 90-plus years of manufacturing experience results in consistent and safe products. What’s more, their facility is certified organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI), as well as third-party-certified by the Natural Products Association. Below are just a few reasons why we selected them to be our manufacturer.
- They followed cGMPs (current Good Manufacturing Practices) even before the FDA mandated that regulation for dietary supplement manufacturers.
- Raw materials and end products undergo various tests to ensure potency, purity, and disintegration. They use state-of-the-art technology to carefully screen each raw material for quality and uniformity. They routinely inspect their materials and supplements for identity and potency.
- All their manufacturing procedures and standards for cleanliness are periodically audited by the FDA and meet their requirements.
- A complete testing laboratory is used to test for dangerous bacteria like Salmonella and E. coli, but also for gluten, melamine, and pesticides in botanicals. They also test for the potency of all nutritional ingredients before they can be used in products.
- They have a state of the art ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrophotometer) to test for heavy metals.
- From their testing, we always provide a Best By date on the bottom of each bottle, thus guaranteeing the potency, purity, and freshness of our products!
Our full disclosure labels list the details of each product’s contents. If you have special dietary needs regarding certain ingredients, we disclose information about artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives in addition to gluten and common allergens. The left panel, known as “romance copy,” helps you understand the ingredients and product.
We only offer dietary supplements with science behind the formulations. Our manufacturer has a team of scientific professionals (including chemists, microbiologists, and a registered dietitian-nutritionist) plus product development specialists to ensure scientifically sound formulas.
Our manufacturer is dedicated to supporting green initiatives; they ship our supplements in boxes that use partially recycled materials and recyclable crushed paper as packing material. The fully recyclable amber glass bottles are made from 35% recycled material, and the white plastic caps are also fully recyclable. Their promotional materials utilize post-consumer fibers. Their manufacturing facility makes use of natural skylights to save energy and provide a pleasant work environment, and they recycle all unusable computer hardware and equipment.
Each year since 2006, our manufacturer participates in donating 11 million children’s multivitamins to the Vitamin Angels non-profit organization. Established in 1994, Vitamin Angels is the only non-profit organization in existence solely dedicated to providing vital nutrition to women and children in need internationally and domestically. Through its “Operation 20/20” campaign, they plan to eradicate childhood blindness caused by vitamin A deficiency worldwide by the year 2020. Over 30% of the world’s population suffers from micronutrient deficiencies. Both Vitamin Angels and our manufacturer believe every person has a right to basic nutrition.
Why Support Our Brand
Who wants to pay for the marketing and advertising costs of national brands? Our products do not include those extra costs. We hope you’ll choose Willy Street Co-op dietary supplements. When searching for natural, premium dietary supplements to promote overall wellness and global sustainability look no further than Willy Street Co-op.