Street Pulse is Madison’s Homeless Cooperative Newspaper. Visit streetpulsenews.org to find out more.
Willy Street Co-op supports providing opportunities for Street Pulse Vendors to sell their paper to our community in a designated area outside on Co-op property. Vendors shall conduct business in a nondiscriminatory manner. Any form of discrimination based on age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by state or federal law is contrary to the principles and policies of Willy Street Co-op.
Criteria for selling Street Pulse on Co-op property:
- Interested Vendors may make a one month agreement with the Owner Resources Coordinator at the store location where they plan to sell Street Pulse on one specific day per week from 8:00am-12:00pm. Agreements are issued first come, first served.
- Agreements must be signed by both the Vendor and the Owner Resources Coordinator prior to using Co-op property. Copies of the signed agreement will be kept on file at the Co-op and issued to the Vendor.
- Agreements may be renewed each month. Vendors are encouraged to contact the Owner Resources Coordinator to renew their agreement the week prior to expiration to guarantee their currently scheduled time.
- Vendors are required to wear a tag or lanyard identifying them as Street Pulse Vendors.
- Vendors and all of the Vendor’s property must be clear of any walkways into or out of the store’s entrance.
- Vendors may request to use a Co-op chair, and vendors must provide all other supplies they may need. Vendors are allowed to provide the following things while selling Street Pulse:
- Copies of Street Pulse.
- A table.
- A display with materials about Street Pulse’s mission or relevant materials.
- Vendors may NOT directly approach people anywhere on Co-op property or in the parking lot. Interaction must be initiated by the passerby. Aggressive canvassing or “hard-sell” tactics may result in suspension of vending privileges.
- Clothing cannot depict slogans or images that are partisan or denoting profanity, hate speech, or sexually explicit content.
- Street Pulse Vendors are not allowed to park in the Co-op parking lots.
Designated locations for selling Street Pulse are subject to change, at the discretion of the Manager on Duty.
Vending privileges may be denied or revoked by Co-op Services Department Staff or a Manager on Duty for any reason, at any time.
The views expressed by Street Pulse Vendors are solely those of the Vendors themselves, and do not represent the views of Willy Street Co-op.