As a Willy Street Co-op Owner, you can:*
- Receive discounts on products
- Receive discounts when you buy products in large amounts
- Order products that are not normally sold at the Co-op
- Receive discounts on in-store cooking classes and presentations
- Celebrate with other Owners at the Annual Meeting and Party
- Receive the Reader with monthly information, discounts and recipes from the Co-op (in the mail or sign up to receive it by email)
- Vote in Willy Street Co-op elections and run for election on the Board of Directors
- Share your opinion about Co-op projects and participate on Owner advisory groups
- Sign up for the Access Discount Program, if you have a financial need
- Receive a 5% discount on Reader advertising
When Willy Street Co-op makes a profit, the Board of Directors can decide to give a refund, or money back, to its Owners. Your refund depends on how much you shop at the Co-op during the year. If you receive a refund, you will receive a percentage of the profit as store credit. The rest of the profit is invested, or saved, in your name to support the Co-op as it grows.
As an Owner, you support the goals of Willy Street Co-op to:
- be part of an active community that is financially responsible and cares for the environment.
- support small, local, and cooperative farms and businesses.
- be a great place to work, offering employees great pay, health care and retirement benefits, and the opportunity to participate in company decisions.
- support the community by giving money, or grants, to local nonprofit groups for programs that involve food, nutrition and well-being, sustainable agriculture, cooperative education and social change.
As an Owner of Willy Street Co-op you will join many people in the community to build a local business that is responsible, cares for people in the community and listens to the opinions of its Owners and employees.
*Benefits are limited to Willy Street Co-op Owners only.