Free to Owners At Willy Street Co-op—East
Do you need the convenience of a bike trailer or hand cart to get your groceries home? Are you interested in exploring alternatives to driving to shop—either for your own enjoyment or to help us reduce congestion in our lot? We can help!
Bike trailers can be rented for free if you are an Owner and for $25 for non-Owners. Use them to get your stuff home and then return them as soon as you can for someone else to enjoy (we really appreciate same-day return if you can do it, but the Co-op won’t charge Owners for the first 24-hour period). Renters must be 18 years old.
Simply mention that you would like to rent a trailer to your cashier and head to the Customer Service desk where we can get you signed up and ready to ride.
We will also provide a free combination lock for the duration of your rental (Forget your lock combination? Hint: the last 4 digits of your Owner number.)
Bike Trailer features: waterproof cover; 100 pound carrying capacity; Burley Classic Hitch works on bicycles with traditional rear triangle frame designs
- Loosen the knob on the eye bolt until the two arms are spread fully apart.
- Slip the lower hitch arm under the chain stay and the upper arm above the seat stay.
- Wedge the hitch cone all the way back into the angle formed by the stays at the wheel.
- Tighten the knob until the arms are firmly clamped against the stays. The knob should be finger-tight; do not overtighten.
- Wrap the safety strap around the inside of the chain stay, over the hitch body, and back to the D-ring at the end of the towbar.
lMPORTANT: Make sure that the cone is wedged securely into the stays and make sure the hitch is clear any racks, bags, or fittings you have on your bicycle. (See photo below.)
Hand carts can be rented for free if you are an Owner, and for $15 if you are a non-Owner. Use them to get your stuff home and then return them as soon as you can for someone else to enjoy (we really appreciate same-day return if you can do it, but the Co-op won’t charge Owners for the first 24-hour period). Renters must be 18 years old. These durable carts can tote up to 250 pounds. If you want to get your own hand cart, check out Ace Hardware.
Carts and trailers can be rented during normal store hours: 7:30aam until 9:30pm. Contact
Customer Service at 251-6776 for more details.
Live in the 53703 or 53704 zip code? Shop in the store and get free delivery! See our You Shop/We Deliver form at the Customer Service desk.