Posted 11/30/2016 (Subject to change)
In addition to accepting food donations for our neighborhood food pantry partners year-round, Willy Street Co-op supports providing opportunities for nonpartisan and secular 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations to collect non-food related items for the community they serve in a designated area within our store foyers. Organizations that are interested in collecting food for a specific cause may refer to our Tabling Policy and consider scheduling time to table at the Co-op. Organizations must be nondiscriminatory. Any form of discrimination based on age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by state or federal law is contrary to the principles and policies of Willy Street Co-op.
Eligible organizations are required to provide the following information in order to organize a collection drive on Co-op property:
- The specific dates for the drive including when the receptacle will be dropped off and picked up (approval is dependent upon the dates working for the Co-op). Drives may last a minimum of three weeks and a maximum of six weeks.
- The receptacle (must be no larger than 24”w x 24”d x 42”h)
- A specific contact person who will
- Set a regular schedule (minimum weekly) for checking the receptacle and clearing it.
- Provide a phone number and email address to notify when the receptacle is full.
- Make sure the receptacle is promptly emptied if we call to notify that the receptacle is full (we do not have any space for overflow)
- Any talking points for social media or customer service about the drive and any signage. Please supply suggested wording a minimum of seven days prior to the event. The receptacle must be clearly marked and signage should be letter-size to 11x17, have a headline that can be read from 10' away, and specifically list the benefiting organization, how the items will be used, and what age groups will benefit from the supplies collected.
Willy Street Co-op will provide:
- Space for the receptacle in store foyers at participating locations
- Posting to social media that there is a drive and that we are a drop off site
- Information to your designated contact about the status of the receptacle
- Customer Service assistance in answering questions about your drive
We do not allow collection drives to occur back-to-back, there must be at least two weeks between drives. Space availability is contingent upon other Co-op events concurrent with the organization’s requested dates.
Designated locations for collection drives are subject to change, at the discretion of the Manager on Duty.
Collection drive privileges may be denied or revoked by Co-op Services Department Staff or a Manager on Duty for any reason, at any time.
Organizations wishing to promote their collection drives on site must adhere to Willy Street Co-op’s Tabling Policy.
The views expressed by organizations approved to conduct collection drives on Co-op property are solely those of the organizations themselves, and do not represent the views of Willy Street Co-op.
CO-OP SERVICES EDUCATION AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR (for all locations) Liz Hawley, email