- 8 sli
- baguette (about 1/2-inch thick)
- olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1⁄2 c
- whole milk ricotta
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 c
- ramps (finely chopped, bulbs and stems only, or white and pale green parts of spring onions)
- 1 T
- mint leaves (fresh, minced)
- 1⁄2 t
- lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1 1⁄2 c
- pea shoots (rinsed and dried)
These easy to assemble crostini are topped with ricotta that's packed with early springtime flavors. If ramps aren't available yet, just use spring onions.
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Lightly brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, flipping partway through the cooking time, until they are golden brown on both sides. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Mix until light and fluffy. Fold in the ramps, mint, and lemon zest. Spread the ricotta on the baguette slices. Top each crostini with a little pile of pea shoots, then add a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and enjoy!