- large avocados, peeled and stoned
- tomatillos, quartered
- jalapeños to taste, seeded, or more to taste
- 1⁄4 c
- red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 c
- cilantro, plus extr for garnish
- juice of 1 lime, plus extra for drizzle
- salt and pepper, to taste
Guacamole is certainly one of the most beloved of appetizers. This interpretation of the timeless classic uses tomatillos, which makes it a bit unique. Guaranteed to please whatever crowd you're serving!
In a food processor, puree tomatillos, jalapeños, onions, cilantro and lime juice. Cut avocados into coarse chunks and gently toss with tomatillo puree. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If not serving immediately, drizzle with lime juice and cover with plastic wrap placed directly on the surface of guacamole to prevent browning. Chilling for 1 to 2 hours with intensify the flavors. Garnish with cilantro before serving.