- 8 oz
- soba noodles (or udon, or spaghetti)
- 2 T
- toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 c
- 4 T
- natural peanut butter
- 3 T
- 1 t
- rice vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 2 t
- sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1⁄4 t
- cayenne pepper (or amount to taste)
- 1 clv
- garlic (minced, or amount to taste)
- 1 t
- ginger (fresh & minced, or amount to taste)
- 2 c
- assorted vegetables (or more then 2 cups)
Make this dish as mild or spicy as you like. Vary the type and amount of vegetables to your own taste as well.
Cook noodles according to package directions until done, drain well and toss with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. While noodles are cooking, combine water, peanut butter and soy sauce in small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until smooth and well mixed and then add all remaining ingredients except vegetables. Toss with noodles and stir in vegetables of choice, or serve vegetables on the side. Serve at any temperature.
Choose vegetables such as bean sprouts, snow peas, julienned peppers, cabbage, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, or scallions, etc. Adults can add additional spice or vegetables at the table if desired.