- scallions (minced)
- 1 cn
- kidney or pink beans (15-oz, drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄3 c
- black olives (sliced )
- carrots (large, peeled and sliced diagonally)
- broccoli (large bunches cut into bite-size pieces and florets)
- 1 lb
- tricolored rotini (or any chunky pasta)
- jar marinated artichoke hearts (12-oz, chopped, with liquid)
- bell pepper (medium, any color, cut into narrow strips)
- 1⁄4 c
- parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1⁄2 c
- vinaigrette (good quality, more or less as needed)
- 1 t
- oregano (dried)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Take this main dish salad to your next potluck or picnic.
Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and carrots together in a large saucepan with a small amount of water until both are just tender-crisp. Drain and rinse under cool water, then drain well again. Combine the pasta with the broccoli-carrot mixture and all the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl, and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until needed, or serve at once.
Substitute, or add, any other beans. Add grilled or canned fish or chicken, or cubes of cheese if desired.