- 6 oz
- pasta, spiral shape preferred
- 3⁄4 c
- sun-dried tomatoes, not oil-packed
- boiling water
- 1⁄4 c
- kalamata or other brine-cured black olives, pitted and chopepd
- 1⁄2 c
- parlsey, chopped
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen peas
- medium zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Quick and easy for any night of the week.
Place tomatoes in a glass bowl; cover with boiling water and let stand about 15 minutes or until softened. Drain well, reserving liquid, and chop coarsely. Set aside. Bring 4-quarts water to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente, adding peas and zucchini during the last minute of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, parsley and 1/2-cup of the reserved tomato water. When pasta and vegetables are ready, drain them well and add to tomato mixture, tossing until pasta has absorbed the liquid. Toss again with the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.