- tomatoes (medium, sliced about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄3 c
- black olives (chopped, pitted, preferably oil-cured)
- 3⁄4 c
- artichoke hearts (chopped, thawed if frozen, not marinated)
- 1⁄2 c
- silken tofu (firm or extra-firm, cut into tiny dice)
- 1⁄4 c
- basil (fresh, thinly sliced, or more to taste)
- black pepper (freshly ground to taste)
- pizza crust (12 to 14 inch good quality)
A new twist on an old favorite!
Preheat the oven to 425º. Place the crust on a pizza stone or pan. Arrange the tomatoes on the crust in concentric circles, followed by the olives, artichoke hearts and tofu. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden. Scatter the basil over the surface and season with pepper to taste. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Note: Use four tomatoes if desired. Substitute fresh mozzarella if desired for a non-vegan pizza.