- 2 T
- canola oil
- 1 t
- cumin (ground)
- 2 clv
- garlic (minced)
- 1 T
- chili powder
- 1 lb
- chicken thighs (boneless, skinless, thinly sliced)
- onion (medium, finely diced)
- 2 c
- tomatoes (diced, or 1-14.5 oz can)
- 1 cn
- green chilies (4-oz. diced , mild or hot)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 lb
- monterey jack cheese (grated)
- 3 c
- lettuce (shredded)
- flour tortillas (8-inch, warmed)
These are quick, easy and delicious!
Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium flame; add onion and cook until softened. Stir in chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 7 minutes. Add garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook a minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and green chilies and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat. Serve with tortillas, cheese and shredded lettuce.
Use tomatoes canned with chilies and omit the diced green chilies if preferred. Corn tortillas can be substituted for flour tortillas. Serve with refried beans on the side and salsa or hot sauce if desired.