For 6 Serving(s)
- 1 1/2 lb butternut squash
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 bn watercress
- 15 oz black beans
- 3 scallion
Chipotle-Spiked Winter Squash and Black Bean Salad Directions
- Set the cubed squash in a steamer insert and set over a pot of boiling water. Cover and steam until tender, 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and chipotle chile, and a pinch of salt and pepper. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil, and whisk until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress, black beans, and scallions. Fold in the butternut squash, and add the dressing. Toss gently to coat. Taste, and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve.