Keeping cranberries raw instead of cooking them ups their tart flavor. This super quick salsa is great alongside turkey and the rest of the trimmings.
For 3 COM_JOOMRECIPE_SERVING_TYPE_
- 4 t sunflower oil
- 1/2 c pumpkin seeds
- 2 c cranberries
- 2 bn green onions
- 1 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 T minced, seeded serrano chiles
- 6 T sugar
- 6 T lime juice
Cranberry Salsa with Cilantro, Chiles, and Pumpkin Seeds Directions
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pumpkin seeds, and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a dish and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the cranberries in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to mince, and transfer to a bowl. Fold in the onions, cilantro, and chiles.
- In a separate, large bowl, whisk together the lime juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Stir the cranberry mixture into the lime-sugar mixture, then add the pepitas and stir to incorporate. Enjoy.