Throw them into a lunch box for a tasty mid-day treat, or enjoy them with a hot cup of tea or coffee first thing in the morning.
For 18 COM_JOOMRECIPE_SERVING_TYPE_
- 2 c brown sugar
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c buttermilk
- 2 c apples
Apple Pie Muffins Directions
- Grease 2 muffin tins. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the topping, combine 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, 1/3 cp of the flour, the butter, and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a small bowl. Toss with spoon until crumbly and set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the oil/brown sugar mixture to the flour mix. Add the buttermilk. Fold in the apples, mixing until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling each 3/4 full. Sprinkle each one with topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golder-brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!