For 6 Serving(s)
- 2 lb sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 3 c pumpkin seeds
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1/3 c red wine vinegar
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 c olive oil
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
Grain-Free Roasted Red Onion and Sweet Potato with Spinach Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a pot with a couple inches of water in it to a boil. Place the sweet potatoes in a steamer basket over the water, and cover and steam them for 5 minutes. Transfer the sweet potatoes to a baking sheet in a single layer and roast just until lightly browned on the edges, about 35-45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the red onions on a baking sheet and roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 6-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. While whisking, drizzle in the oil in a steady stream and continue to whisk until emulsified. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- When the roasted vegetables have cooled to room temperature, place them in a large bowl. Add the baby spinach and drizzle with some vinaigrette. Toss to coat, and sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with any extra vinaigrette.