Store-bought puff pastry forms a buttery and delicious, but super simple, base for this savory tart. Be sure that the pastry is completely thawed before starting the recipe.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1/4 lb crimini mushrooms
- 2 scallions
- 1 T olive oil
- 15 asparagus spears
- 3 oz aged cheddar
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- black pepper
Asparagus, Mushroom and Cheddar Tart Directions
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Gently unroll or unfold the puff pastry, and lightly dust with flour. Very lightly roll across the seams to create an even surface, and gently roll out to about 10 x 12 inches. Use a sharp knife to score a line an inch in from the edges. Prick the pastry with a fork all over inside this border. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edge starts to puff up and the pastry is beginning to turn golden.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the scallions and mushrooms in the olive oil until tender. Transfer to a dish. Saute the asparagus in the skillet over medium-high heat, until bright green, but not totally tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and sprinkle with the mushrooms and scallions, staying inside the border. Top with half of the cheese. Sprinkle with the thyme leaves, then arrange the asparagus on top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and some black pepper. Lower the oven temperature to 375℉. Return the pan to the oven, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until the pastry is deep golden-brown, and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately, while hot.