A simple meal of soup or a roasted chicken becomes a divine repast with the addition of these meltingly tender biscuits. Drop biscuits may not look as perfect as biscuits that are rolled and cut out, but they are just as good, and require less cleanup.
For 10 Serving(s)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c unbleached flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan Drop Biscuits Directions
- Oil or put parchment paper on a baking sheet, and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk 1 egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water for egg wash, reserve the white for the dough. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Whisk together remaining whole egg and egg white, 3/4 cup buttermilk and olive oil, stir into the flour mixture. If it seems stiff, add more buttermilk. Use a quarter-cup measure to scoop the batter and drop onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with egg wash. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden.