This is a new and tasty way to use this wonderful seasonal fruit.
Three 6"x3" loaf tins are recommended, but you can make one large loaf if you'd prefer - just allow additional cooking time at the end.
For 3 COM_JOOMRECIPE_SERVING_TYPE_
- 1 c persimmon pulp
- 2 t baking soda
- 3 c sugar
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2/3 c water
- 3 c flour
- 1 c walnuts
Persimmon Bread Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 6"x3" loaf tins (see note.)
- Combine the persimmon pulp and baking soda in a small bowl. Let stand for 7 minutes, which will allow the pulp to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Blend until smooth, then mix in the persimmon mixture, alternating with the flour. Combine well, but don't over mix. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, filling them 2/3 full.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing the bread from the pans and placing on wire racks to cool completely.