These moist and fruity muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go.
For 12 COM_JOOMRECIPE_SERVING_TYPE_
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 14 oz crushed pineapple
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/3 c powdered sugar
Pineapple Coconut Muffins Directions
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, coconut, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the crushed pineapple, coconut milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Fold the wet mixture into the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Brush this pineapple glaze on the hot muffins. Allow the muffins to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.