Oats and coconut stand in for wheat and dairy in these fruity, moist, and tropical muffins. Perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
For 12 COM_JOOMRECIPE_SERVING_TYPE_
- 1 1/4 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c plain yogurt
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 1/2 c oat flour
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c coconut flakes
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/3 fresh pineapple
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 banana
Pineapple Coconut Muffins Directions
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, yogurt, and coconut milk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oat flour, brown sugar, coconut flakes, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Place the chopped pineapple in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to roughly puree. Measure out 1 cup, and place in a bowl with the banana, egg, and the coconut oil. Mix well. Add this pineapple-banana-egg mixture to the bowl of rolled oats, yogurt, and coconut milk, and mix well to incorporate. Fold the oat flour-coconut flake mixture into the bowl and combine.
- Fill the lined muffin cups about 2/3 high. Bake 16-20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one comes out clean.