The tangy pomegranate seeds infuse the sauce for this savory chicken dish. Excellent with rice pilaf and leafy greens.
For 4 Serving(s)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 T garlic
- 1 chicken
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 T cinnamon sugar
Pomegranate Chicken Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix oil and garlic together in a shallow dish. I recommend using a spoon to mash the garlic slightly in the oil, to further release its flavors.
- Brush the chicken with the garlic oil, making sure to cover all surface areas. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with the remaining oil. Bake for 45 minutes, basting several times with the juices from the pan. If necessary, add a bit of water to the pan for basting purposes. When the skin is browned and the juices run clear when a thigh is pierced at its thickest point with a fork, you know the meat is done.
- Remove 1 tablespoon of seeds from the pomegranate. Set them aside for garnishing the dish. Remove the rest of the seeds and squeeze out the juice through a sieve into a small dish. Set aside.
- In a small, non-reactive saucepan, mix the pomegranate juice, wine, lemon juice, and cinnamon sugar together. Bring it to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place the roasted chicken on a serving platter, and pierce in several places. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with the extra pomegranate seeds, and serve at room temperature.