For 4 Serving(s)
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 2 eggs
- 2 T water
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 t chili powder
- pn cayenne
- 1 1/4 c panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 t black pepper
- avocado oil
- 3 c grated extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1 1/2 c grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1/4 c milk
- 4 oz diced green chiles
Avocado Fries with Queso Dip Directions
- Place the avocado wedges on a plate and sprinkle with lime juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, chili powder, and cayenne.
- In a medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make an assembly line, and dip the avocado slices first in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a medium, heavy saucepan outfitted with a fry thermometer, heat an inch of oil to 375F. Use tongs to place avocado in the oil, about 6-8 wedges at a time. Fry until golden brown, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and more cayenne. Continue frying the remaining avocado wedges, letting the oil come back up to temperature between batches.
- Combine the cheeses with the cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Heat over a low flame and stir in the milk. Cook, stirring, for 10-15 minutes, until melted and smooth. Stir in the chiles and juices.
- Serve the avocado fries hot, with warm queso.