For 8 Serving(s)
- 3/4 c olive oil
- 12 clv garlic
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 3 lemons
- black pepper
- 8 pork chops
- 6 parsnips
- 6 Bartlett pears
- 3 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
Pork Chops with Roasted Parsnips, Pears, and Potatoes Directions
- In a large roasting pan, combine 3/4 cup of the olive oil, the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Place the pork chops in the pan, and turn to coat them in marinade. Arrange them in a single layer, and marinate the pork chops for 1 hour at room temperature, or up to 12 hours in the fridge. (Return to room temperature before roasting.)
- Move oven racks to the top and bottom of oven. Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Transfer the pork chops to a platter, scraping off any marinade bits back into the roasting pan. Set aside.
- Set the parsnips, pears, and potatoes in the roasting pan, and toss to coat in marinade. Season with salt. Transfer the vegetables to 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Roast 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very tender, rotating the sheet pans midway through cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in each of 2 large skillets. Place the pork chops in the skillets and season with salt. Cook over high heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. Arrange the pork chops on the two baking sheets when the vegetables are finished roasting, setting the pork chops right on top of the vegetables. Roast for 5 minutes for slightly pink meat. Transfer the pork chops and vegetables to a large serving platter and enjoy hot.