This is a novel use for leftover mashed potatoes, but so tasty it might make you create some "leftovers"!
For 8 Serving(s)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 c leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 T parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 T minced fresh parsley or chives
- 1 t dried minced onion or 1 tablespoon minced fresh onion
- 1/8 t garlic powder or 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- 3 T melted butter
Potato Puffs Directions
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks. Add potatoes, parmesan, parsley, onion and garlic. Mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into the potato mixture. Brush eight muffin cups or small ramekins generously with the melted butter. Divide potato mixture into cups. Brush remaining butter over potatoes. Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned.