This distinctive salad is just the thing to get you out of a dinner rut. Tender bibb lettuce, torn and topped with avocado, ribbons of mint, and a fresh grapefruit juice dressing pleasantly startle and awaken taste buds. Especially delightful in the months of November through February, when Texas Rio Star grapefruit are in season.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, stoned, and cubed
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 head bibb lettuce, washed and torn
- 1/2 c carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 T mint, minced or sliced into ribbons
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t tamari
- 1 t apple juice concentrate
Avocado Mint Salad Directions
- Sprinkle avocado with lime juice. In a salad bowl, combine avocado with lettuce, carrots and mint. Blend grapefruit and apple juices with the sesame oil and tamari. Chill and gently toss with salad before serving.