For 4 Serving(s)
- 4 large baking potatoes, preferably yukon gold
- 3 T butter
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clv garlic, minced
- 4 c fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 c skim milk
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- t salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 t dried basil, or 1 tablespoon fresh basil,minced
Potatoes Florentine Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pierce the potatoes and bake for about one hour (or microwave for 15-20 minutes), or until tender. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet. Add the leek and cook until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and cook another minute. Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes more until the spinach is wilted. If necessary, drain any liquid.
Cut the potatoes in half and carefully scoop out the insides, leaving a 1⁄4-inch shell. Mash the potato flesh with the milk until smooth, and then stir in the leek mixture, half the cheese, the salt and pepper. Lightly stir in the roasted peppers and basil.
Place the potato skins on a baking sheet and fill with the mashed potato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.