- 2 T
- sesame oil
- medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bn
- bok choy stems, sliced diagonally
- 1 lb
- fresh shitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 c
- snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 T
- soy sauce or tamari
- 3 T
- dry sherry or rice wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 t
- fresh ginger, grated
- cayenne or hot chili oil to taste
- 1⁄4 lb
- tofu, diced (optional)
- 4 c
- hot cooked rice
This is a satisfying Asian-style dinner.
Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet. Add the onion and stir fry over moderate heat until translucent. Add the bok choy, shitakes, snow peas, soy sauce and sherry. Stir fry until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the ginger, cayenne and tofu if using. Season with additional soy sauce if desired and serve over hot rice.
If desired, the bok choy leaves can be sliced into thin strips and added a few minutes before the ginger.