- flour tortillas (8-inch, or whole wheat)
- 2 T
- vegetable oil
- red onion (thinly sliced)
- green bell pepper (seeded and sliced into strips)
- red bell pepper (seeded and cut into strips)
- 1 t
- garlic (minced)
- yellow squash (or zucchini, halved and sliced into strips)
- 1⁄2 c
- salsa of choice
- 1 t
- cumin (ground)
- 1⁄2 t
- 1 c
- monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄4 c
- cilantro (chopped fresh, optional)
- 1 cn
- refried beans (16-oz, heated)
This quick dinner will please the whole family.
Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in low oven or in a steamer while the vegetables are cooking. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the onions, peppers and garlic and saute until they begin to soften. Stir in the squash and cook a few minutes longer. Add salsa, cumin and salt; cover and cook about five minutes. Divide the vegetables between the tortillas, top with cheese and cilantro. Roll up and serve with beans on the side.
Use any favorite vegetables to vary this dish.