Help set the course for the future of your cooperative: run for the Willy Street Co-op Board of Directors! We are once again looking for passionate and dedicated Owners to run for our Board of Directors!
Each year, we look to our pool of Owners for individuals who are interested in representing our Ownership-at-large by serving on the Board and helping to set the governance and strategic directions for the Co-op in order to further our strength and success as a socially responsible, healthy and environmentally sound business.
The Co-op clearly benefits from having a sound, high-functioning team of Owners working together to serve as our Board. But there are many beneficial opportunities for you as well: for personal growth and development, to hone your leadership skills, to practice setting strategy for a successful business, to have a positive impact on our community, to learn and brush up on business and financial knowledge…the list goes on and on.
To prepare for running and help Owners make an informed decision on who they will vote to represent them, we ask that you complete the Board candidate activities listed below. Please submit your answers to the candidate questions no later than 12:00 pm on June 1st, 2018. All submissions should be sent to Ben Becker, Board Administrator (email@example.com) or dropped off at the Customer Service desk in any of our stores.
Required Board candidate activities include:
Attend one Board Orientation Session
- Willy West: March 14, 2018; 6-7 pm
- Willy North: April 21, 2018; 1-2 pm
- Willy East: May 21, 2018; 6-7 pm
Attend one of the following Board Meetings, held at the Co-op’s Central Office (1457 East Washington Ave, Madison WI 53704). Board meetings start at 6:30 pm.
- June 19, 2018
- May 15, 2018
- April 17, 2018
- March 20, 2018
- Schedule a time for Co-op staff to take your photo at one of our retail locations. The photo must be taken no later than June 7th, 2018. To book a time, email Ben Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit 20 signatures of support from Owners (see the last page of this packet for signature page).
- Submit answers to the Board Candidate Questions (475 total word maximum for all three questions).
- Why do you believe Owners should choose you to represent them?
- What skills and experience do you bring to the position of Board Director?
- WSGC is founded on the 7 International Cooperative Principles. Please choose one of the principles and describe how you think the Board can encourage and foster that in our cooperative (see pg 2).
In addition to answering these questions, please submit a 25-word summary statement to be included with your photograph and candidate statement in the Reader. Each candidate may also submit one additional website (blog, Facebook page, Twitter handle, etc.) for inclusion in candidate materials.
Strongly Suggested: Plan to attend the Annual Meeting on July 12th, 2018. Come prepared to make a brief statement and answer Owner questions.
Candidate information, including your answers to each of the candidate questions, will be shared with Owners in the Co-op Reader and online.
If you are interested in running for the Board but are unable to fulfill the requirements, please contact email@example.com.