Help set the course for the future of your cooperative: run for the Willy Street Co-op Board of Directors! We are once again looking for passionate and dedicated Owners to run for our Board of Directors! This year, we have four seats open.
Each year, we look to our pool of Owners for individuals who are interested in representing our Ownership-at-large by serving on the Board and helping to set the governance and strategic directions for the Co-op in order to further our strength and success as a socially responsible, healthy and environmentally sound business.
The Co-op clearly benefits from having a sound, high-functioning team of Owners working together to serve as our Board. But there are many beneficial opportunities for you as well: for personal growth and development, to hone your leadership skills, to practice setting strategy for a successful business, to have a positive impact on our community, to learn and brush up on business and financial knowledge…the list goes on and on.
Read Board member Jess Pernsteiner's 5 Reasons You Should Run for the Board!
- Learn more about the Co-op, the Board, its system of governance, and the qualities and commitment required of an effective director. The application packet (download above) will provide you with basic information to get started. You are also encouraged to speak with current Board members (contact information is available in the packet) and complete the additional candidate activities listed below.
- Complete and submit your answers to the list of Board candidate questions at the end of this packet no later than 9:00pm on June 1st, 2017. All submissions should be sent to Ben Becker, Board Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or dropped off at the Customer Service desk.
- Schedule a time for Co-op staff to take your photo at one of our retail locations. The photo must be taken no later than June 7th, 2017. To book a time, email Ben Becker.
- Plan to attend the Annual Meeting on July 13th, 2017. Come prepared to make a brief statement and answer Owner questions.
- The following additional candidate activities are strongly recommended by the Board:
- Attend at least one Board meeting on April 25th or June 6th 2017.
- Collect and submit 20 nomination signatures from other Willy Street Co-op Owners by 9:00pm on June 1st, 2017.
- Attend one Board Candidate Information Session. Sessions will be held at the following dates and times:
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 6:00-7:00pm @ Willy East
Monday, May 15th, 2017 6:00-7:00pm @ Willy North
Sunday, May 21th, 2017 2:00-3:00pm @ Willy West
Submit materials at the Customer Service desk at any store or via email to email@example.com.