Looking for some helpful suggestions about how to eat more local food? Here are some resources:
Recipes (PDF format - two-sided pages, four recipes per page)Inspirational Blogs/Articles
- 5 Minutes on the Farm - a weekly WORT-FM audio piece about a local farm; interviews by Julie Garrett
- My Eat-Local Challenge - Andre Darlington writes in the Isthmus about how he ate regional food for a month.
- Burp! - a Milwaukee-based blog that focuses on cooking with local, sustainably raised, and organic food whenever possible
- My Year of Food - by former Willy Street Co-op staff member Stephanie Ricketts!
Co-op Newsletter Articles
- Eating Local Year Round - Ben Becker talks about our partnership with Innovative Kitchen to help provide local produce in any season
- Preparing for Willy Street Co-op's First Ever Eat Local Challenge - Katie Powderly outlines how to preserve strawberries, rhubarb, asparagus, sugar snap peas and snow peas
- Taking the "Challenge" Out of the Eat Local Challenge: Root Vegetables - Katie Powderly's 2008 article about taking an Eat Local Challenge
- Are You Up for the Eat Local Challenge? - Megan Blodgett's article introducing our Eat Local Challenge
- Extending the Local Season: Food Preservation Intro: Pesto! - Katie Powderly's introduction to food preservation, including a tasty recipe for pesto
- Extending the Local Season: Home Fermentation: The Basics of Kraut - Katie Powderly walks you through how to make your own sauerkraut (it's easier than you may think...)
- Extending the Local Season: Canning Tomatoes - well, that's pretty self-explanatory, isn't it?