SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Willy Street Co-op supports providing opportunities for nonpartisan and secular 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations to network with our community in a designated area outside on Co-op property. Organizations must be nondiscriminatory. Any form of discrimination based on age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by state or federal law is contrary to the principles and policies of Willy Street Co-op.
Eligible organizations are required to adhere to the following rules in order to table on Co-op property:
- Organizations may reserve time to table any day for up to four (4) hours between 11:00am and 7:00pm.* Reservations must be made at least one week in advance with the Owner Resources Coordinator at the store where the organization plans to hold their tabling event. Reserving space to table at the Co-op ensures that space and time will be available for organizations to present information. Reservations are first come, first served and may be denied or restricted due to scheduling priorities or other reasons.
- Reservations are not complete until the Owner Resources Coordinator has provided confirmation to the organization.
- Individuals representing the approved organization may NOT directly approach people anywhere on Co-op property or in the parking lot. Interaction must be initiated by the passerby. Aggressive canvassing or “hard-sell” tactics may result in suspension of tabling privileges.
- Organizations are required to provide all their own supplies. Organizations are encouraged to use displays to attract attention to their cause, and allowed to provide the following things while tabling:
- A table and chair(s).
- A display with materials about the organization’s goals or relevant materials.
- Petitions, provided they are nonpartisan and the organization adheres to compliance with the third bullet point (not directly approaching people, no aggressive canvassing).
- Product. Eligible organizations must receive pre-approval from the Director of Cooperative Services to sell product. Permission will be granted on a case-by-case basis. Please discuss needs with the Owner Resources Coordinator when making reservation.
- Organizations and all of their property must be clear of any walkways into or out of the store’s entrance.
- Clothing cannot depict slogans or images that are partisan or denoting profanity, hate speech, or sexually explicit content.
- Organizations are not allowed to park in the Co-op parking lots.
Designated locations for tabling are subject to change, at the discretion of the Manager on Duty.
Tabling event privileges may be denied or revoked by Co-op Services Department Staff or a Manager on Duty for any reason, at any time.
Those who are NOT eligible or approved to table on Co-op property may canvas on the public sidewalk in front of the store.
The views expressed by organizations approved to table on Co-op property are solely those of the organizations themselves, and do not represent the views of Willy Street Co-op.
*NOTICE FOR GIRL SCOUT AND BOY SCOUT TROOPS: Due to high demand, the Co-op allows for up to two tabling sessions per troop, per year.