Anyone can shop at the Co-op, and everyone is welcome to join. Your equity payments are an investment in your Co-op and are used as capital, assisting with store operations and improvements.
Becoming an Owner of a cooperative means, among other things, that you are making an investment in the Co-op, essentially becoming one of the owners of the business. At Willy Street Co-op, we call this investment your Fair Share and is defined as Ownership of Willy Street Co-op (with voting privileges). It is not a membership fee and it is used to support the cooperative. Benefits of Ownership begin after your first equity payment, regardless of which payment plan you choose, in full or by installments.
After you've made your first Fair Share payment, you can pick up your Owner card at the Customer Service desk. Please be prepared to show your card or tell the cashier your Ownership number every time you shop.
Your Ownership will last as long as you want it to. If you leave you may withdraw your Fair Share from the Co-op and your original equity investment will be returned to you, minus any administrative fees paid. Contact a Customer Service representative to begin the refund process.
Remember: equity-paying members (Owners) collectively own the Willy Street Grocery Cooperative!
As a Willy Street Co-op Owner, you can:
- Receive a Patronage Refund during years the Co-op is profitable (initiated in late 2009)
- Take advantage of Owner Rewards sales and sign up to receive the flyer by email
- Receive free tickets to our Annual Meeting & Party
- Get discounts on pre-ordered case purchases
- Special order items not regularly sold in the store
- Receive our monthly newsletter, the Reader, in the mail or sign up to receive it by email
- Receive a 5% discount on Reader advertising
- Participate in the organization by serving on committees or running for the Board of Directors
- Enroll in our Access Discount Program to receive 10% off everyday purchases if you are in need of financial assistance.
- Co-op reciprocity: When traveling you'll pay owner prices at most other retail food co-ops throughout the country by showing your Willy Street Co-op Owner card
- Save 5% every day (Owners pay shelf price; non-Owners pay 5% more)
- Benefits are limited to Willy Street Co-op Owners only; purchase surcharges waived for customers with legitimate ownership cards from other existing food co-ops.
|Individual Ownership is one person entitled to one vote. The Individual who would like to become an Owner must complete the form below. Only the individual can use their Owner number and receive the benefits of Ownership|
|Household1 Ownership2 is two people entitled to one vote who live in the same dwelling. Both people on the Ownership avoid the non-Owner surcharge, can enter prize drawings, pick up tickets to the Annual Meeting & Party, and receive patron refunds when applicable. The primary name on the Ownership must be the person who is completing this form and is the only person who can make changes regarding the Ownership. Any other adult living in an Owner's household may use the Ownership to make purchases, but cannot vote, enter prize drawings, pick up tickets to the Annual Meeting & Party, or receive patronage refunds.|
2Businesses are not eligible to invest equity and become Owners; however, the Co-op does offer a Business Account which offers limited shopping benefits, such as waiving the 5% non-Owner surcharge and offering a discount on pre-ordered cases. See Customer Service at either store to sign up for a Business Account.
Choose Full or 7 payment plan of either an Individual or a Household Ownership.
Extra verification is required to qualify for an Access Discount and can be submitted in person at either store location. (See below for requirements)
One-time payment of $58.00 ($56.00 for a Individual Fair Share investment + $2.00 non-refundable administrative fee*)
* Payment in full saves you up to $12.00 in administrative fees.
Activating Your Web Account
Go to this address www.willystreet.coop/user/password and enter your Owner number or email address to request a login link. Next, you'll receive a one-time login email with a link. This will take you to your willystreet.coop account. Here you need to enter a new password and then click save. Congratulations! You are now able to log in to willystreet.coop/user, anytime and anywhere using your Owner number and the password you just created.
While you are here, you can help us save a few trees and opt to receive our monthly newsletter by email instead of paper mail.
Signing up here will let us know you want to remove your name from our paper newsletter mailing list. If you would prefer to receive your Reader by paper mail as well, after saving your Reader preferences on your account, please call our Owner Records Administrator at (608) 251-0884 x734, including your full name and Owner number, to make that request.
If you're not sure what email is listed on your Owner account, or if we even have one on file for you, you can either stop by the Customer Service desk and fill out a short contact information update form, or call our Owner Records Administrator at (608) 251-0884 x734, with your full name and Owner number.
Access Discount Program
The Access Discount Program offers eligible Owners a 10% discount on purchases every day. Enrollment in one or more of a variety of public and private financial assistance programs or proof of gross income at or below 130% of the Federal Poverty Guideline can qualify any Owner for the Access Discount.
The Access Discount is attached to your Owner account and your cashier will verify your name after your Owner number is entered. Both the primary and secondary Owners on a Household account can use the Access Discount.
Owners who qualify for the Access Discount may bring proof of eligibility to the Customer Service desk at either store. All Access users must renew each year during the month of March. A reminder letter will be sent in February to the most current address listed on your Owner account.
If you are not already an Owner, sign up today! In addition to the 10% discount, we also offer a reduced equity payment schedule to those who qualify for Access. The reduced annual installments for an Individual Ownership are $4 per year until the full Fair Share amount of $56 is reached, or $7 per year for a Household Ownership (two adults named on the account living together in the same dwelling) until $91 is reached. Access users will also receive one coupon for a free class upon enrollment and each year upon renewal.
- QUEST Food Share Program: Current grocery receipt AND EBT Card
- Medicaid (BadgerCare/Senior Care): Forward Card AND enrollment confirmation letter
- Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): Copies of current vouchers, or current updated enrollment data or correspondence from WIC
- Section 8 Housing Assistance/Community Development Authority (HUD): Verification letter from the property manager or social worker
- Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program: Copies of current vouchers
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Enrollment letter from the Social Security Administration
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): Enrollment letter from the Social Security Administration
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program: Most recent enrollment statement
- FairShare CSA Coalition Partner Shares: Current enrollment confirmation letter/email
- Proof annual gross income within last year is at or below 130% of the Federal Poverty Guideline: Please complete the worksheet and provide proof requesteed for verification*
2015 130% Federal Poverty Guidelines Chart (will be updated Feb. 1, 2016)
Persons in Family/ Household
2015 Federal Poverty Guideline (Annual)
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,160 for each additional person to the Federal Poverty Guideline