Owners who have a financial need can apply for the Access Discount Program. With the Access Discount Program you can shop with a 10% discount to buy food and other products at the Co-op.
If you are not an Owner, sign up today! With the Access Discount, Owners:
- Can pay the Ownership fee (Fair Share) over a longer period of time: $4 every year for an Individual, until you pay a total of $56 OR $7 every year for a Household (two adults living in the same house or apartment), until you pay a total of $91.
- Shop at the Co-op with a 10% discount.
- Receive one coupon for a free class every year at enrollment.
- Receive one free tote bag for each person on your account to carry home your groceries.
The Access Discount is connected to your Owner account. When you checkout, you will tell the cashier your Owner number and the cashier will confirm your name. Both primary and secondary Owners on a Household Ownership account can use the Access Discount.
To apply for the Access Discount program, you can talk with staff at the Customer Service Desk. You must show proof of income (annual income, before taxes, at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline) or registration in an assistance program (see the qualifiers below). Staff at the Customer Service Desk are happy to answer questions about the Access Discount Program.
All Owners that participate in the Access Discount program must sign up every year, during the month of March. The Co-op will send a reminder letter to you in February, at the address listed on your account.
- QUEST Food Share Program (SNAP): Current grocery receipt AND FoodShare/QUEST Card (SNAP)
- Medicaid (BadgerCare/Senior Care): Forward Card AND enrollment confirmation letter
- Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): Copies of current vouchers, OR current updated enrollment data OR correspondence from WIC
- Section 8 Housing Assistance/Community Development Authority (HUD): Verification letter from the property manager OR social worker
- Senior Farmers' Market Nutrition Program: Copies of current vouchers
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Enrollment letter from the Social Security Administration
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): Enrollment letter from the Social Security Administration
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): Current enrollment statement
- FairShare CSA Coalition Partner Shares(link is external): Current enrollment confirmation letter/email
- Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Program: Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Voucher with Owner name and healthcare provider’s signature
- HungerCare Food Security Screening: Letter/email from participating organization or agency.
- Proof annual gross income within last year is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline: Answer the questions on the Access Discount Registration Form in store and show verification of your income. Federal Poverty Guidelines Chart