$16 Squares are menus that feed four people for $16 or less. These menus incorporate products that are on sale this month at the Co-op. the cost of basic pantry ingredients like flour, spices, oil, and condiments are not included in the cost of each menu. Serving sizes are based on manufacturers’ recommendations where appropriate
For 4 Serving(s)
- 2 shallots
- 2 clv garlic
- 2 lb pattypan squah
- 1 q vegetable stock
- sour cream
- sea salt
- black pepper
Pattypan Squash Soup Directions
- 1.Saute shallots and garlic in a sturdy deeper pot while stock comes to a simmer in another pot.
- 2.Remove the stem end and bottom buttons from pattypans and cut all down to thin ½ inch slices. Sprinkle slices with sea salt.
- 3.Add pattypan to shallots and garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- 4.Add simmering stock to the pot of sautéed vegetables. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until squash is soft.
- 5.Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Use hand blender or food processor to puree squash and all liquids until very smooth.
- 6.When serving invite guests to add fresh black pepper, torn basil leaves, and a dollop of sour cream to each bowl.