Have one for breakfast, dessert or a snack - these muffins are packed with fruit and enough chocolate to make them feel indulgent. The muffins are made with oat and whole wheat flours, just a touch of brown sugar, and without dairy or eggs. They bake up perfectly light and moist.
For 9 COM_JOOMRECIPE_SERVING_TYPE_
- 1/3 c oat flour
- 1 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- pn salt
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 3/4 c almond milk
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 1/4 c cherries
- 1/4 c chopped dark chocolate
Cherry Dark Chocolate Chunk Muffins Directions
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line or grease 9 muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Combine the almond milk, coconut oil and almond extract in a measuring cup. (If the coconut oil solidifies when it makes contact with the almond milk, microwave in 5-second increments until melted again, but not hot.) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the cherries and chocolate.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (they will be full). Bake 23-25 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.