Be sure to use ripe peaches for these muffins, they'll turn out moist and infused with peach flavor.
For 12 COM_JOOMRECIPE_SERVING_TYPE_
- 4 peaches
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 8 T butter
- 1 c almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
Peach Cobbler Muffins Directions
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
- Place the peaches in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and ¼ cup of the brown sugar and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the crumble topping by whisking together ½ cup of the flour, remaining ¼ cup of brown sugar, and ¼ cup of the granulated sugar. Use a fork to incorporate 4 tablespoons of the butter until there are no large chunks of butter. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, vanilla, and cooled melted butter. In a medium bowl, whisk together the last 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and last ½ cup of granulated sugar. Fold in the peaches and all the juices.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, then top each with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then reduce heat to 350˚F. Bake for 12 more minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.